How do I secure my wedding date?
Your Catering Sales Manager will conduct a thorough inspection of dates and locations. Upon selection of your wedding date, a contract will be prepared, and your date will be confirmed upon receipt of your deposit. Your Catering Manager will send you next steps in the email with your counter signed contract.
What does the Ranch LB Catering Sales Manager handle?
- Provides a list of recommended wedding vendors.
- Acts as a menu consultant for all food and beverage selections
- Schedules and conducts banquet menu tasting or restaurant dining experience
- Details your Banquet Event Orders, outlining your entire event
- Works directly with your Wedding Planner to create a seamless process
- Creates an estimate of charges outlining your financial commitments and deposit schedule
- Creates a floor plan of your function space so you can provide seating arrangements
- Coordinates with your Wedding Planner to oversee rehearsal for on-site ceremonies
- Oversees the ceremony, reception room(s) setup, food preparation and all required hotel services
- Ensures a seamless transition to the hotel’s Banquet Captain once the grand entrance has occurred
- Reviews your banquet checks for accuracy, prior to the completion of the final bill
What does an outside wedding planner handle?
- Have at least (1) meeting prior to the wedding to discuss wedding day itinerary, vendor information, timeline and all other wedding day details. This typically takes place at the menu tasting.
- Coordination of ceremony rehearsal for wedding party (following the review meeting)
- Greeting and directing vendors on site
- Oversees proper setup and design of ceremony and reception areas
- Receives deliveries
- Setup of wedding items provided by client to The Ranch LB, including toasting glasses, cake serving sets, guestbook, seating cards, place cards, programs, menus, favors, additional decor, etc.
- Oversees setup of floral, linens and other items in collaboration with contracted vendors for each specified service
- Close monitoring of schedule and itinerary throughout the day
- Guides the client through the day, keeping the couple and immediate wedding party abreast of upcoming events (pictures, grand entrance, first dance, cake cutting, etc.)
- Assists wedding party and family with any needs, questions or concerns
- Assistance with attire and florals (bustling gown, pinning corsages and boutonnieres)
- Coordination and queuing of ceremony (detailing appearance, posture and pacing) in tandem with ceremony musicians
- Assists in guiding all guests to and from the next event, keeping them in-the-know and ensuring all their needs are met throughout the event
- Direction of reception events in tandem with Master of Ceremony (DJ or band)
- Communication with The Ranch LB's Banquet Team to streamline menu delivery
- Ensures end-of-event arrangements are made for gifts, guest book, toasting flutes, etc.
- Consistently available and ready to take care of any unexpected occurrences
Do you provide a tasting of the food we select? When may I come and what is included?
We are pleased to offer a sample menu tasting for weddings with a food and beverage minimum of $25,000 or more. Tastings are offered on a first-come, first-served basis Tuesday–Thursday starting at 12:00pm. Tasting menu selections will be discussed with your Catering Manager (hors d’oeuvres, wedding cake and buffet items are not available for tasting). Tastings are limited to five people (4 people + your wedding planner). Your planner is required to be there. Any additional guests will be charged at $250 per person. Tastings are conducted typically 3-4 months prior to your wedding date.
Who provides the wedding cake?
Please see Vendor section.
We understand that the wedding cake is very special and unique to our couples, so we allow you to bring your cake from an outside caterer. In this instance, there will be a cake-cutting fee ($4.00 and up per person) that includes decorated plates.
How do I handle gratuities? What are the service charges?
All food, beverage and special arrangements are subject to a 26% service charge and 7.75% California State Tax. The service charge covers all setup, cleanup, standard linen for tables, napkins and gratuities for banquet servers and bartenders provided by The Ranch LB. In general, all items listed on your Banquet Event Orders (BEOs) will be subject to prevailing service charge and tax. Please note that by California State Law, service charges are taxable and non-negotiable.
How late can alcohol be served?
We recommend that alcohol service be discontinued approximately one hour prior to the end of your function. By California State Law, no alcohol may be served after 1:00am.
Can I bring in candles?
Yes, candles are allowed in our event space; however, due to fire regulations, all candles must be in a glass or ceramic holder that extends at least one inch above the flame and limited to five per table. Taper candles are not allowed. Please communicate arrangements regarding placement with your Catering Sales Manager. Candles may also be contracted as part of your floral arrangements with your florist. The Ranch LB can provide votives at no additional charge (up to three per table).
Do you provide linen and china?
Yes, your service charge provides for The Ranch LB’s standard linen and napkins for your dining tables. We also provide standard china and flatware. You can rent custom linens, china and flatware for an additional fee through your Wedding Planner.
What size tables do you provide?
- Low and high 36” cocktail tables
- 60” & 72” banquet rounds
- 6’ x 18” and 6’ x 30” rectangular tables
These tables can be used for your guest book, place cards, photographs and dining.
** Ask about renting our unique and rustic farm tables.
What type of chairs do you provide?
We provide our standard beautiful dark fruitwood folding chairs for the ceremony and dinner. Specialty chairs can be rented through your Wedding Planner and will be subject to additional fees.
How do my guests reserve rooms?
A special rate can be contracted for 10 or more rooms. A “room block” guarantees a certain number of rooms exclusively for your guests. If you are interested in securing a guest room block, please contact your Catering Sales Manager who will connect you with our Sales Department.
Is there a place for the wedding party to get ready?
We do not offer complimentary dressing rooms; however, we do recommend that you book a guest room for the night before your wedding day. This way, you will have access to a suitable dressing room bright and early on your wedding day. Please note check in and check out times prior to booking.
Do you prepare children’s and vendor menus?
Children’s menus are available and generally start at $35 per child (ages 3–10). Vendor meals must be provided and start at $65 per person and up. Please check vendor contracts to find out which vendors require a meal.
Can you recommend a good officiant, photographer or florist?
Yes, we have access to a wealth of local vendors. Your Catering Sales Manager can provide guidance with vendor selections, however, we encourage you to go with your wedding planner’s recommendations. All vendors must provide a proper Certificate of Insurance and a signed Vendor Agreement Form.
The Ranch LB is not held liable for any vendors contracted through this list or through recommendations.
Can we make adjustments to your menus?
Our menus can be customized to your desires, within our kitchen and service capacity.
What do we do in case of rain?
We have ample indoor ballroom space based on availability. In addition, with 5–7 business days' advance notice, we can contact one of our contracted vendors and arrange a canopy on Sage Patio at an additional cost. Please note, the canopy does not have walls, and heaters would not be allowed underneath it.
What about rehearsals for the ceremony?
Your rehearsal is included. However, we do not hold rehearsals in The Grove and location and timing will be decided the week of the wedding. They are scheduled for one hour and must be reserved through your Catering Sales Manager.
When should the music end?
Per Laguna Beach City, outdoor curfew is 10:00pm for all amplified music. Indoor curfew is 1:00am. All music outdoors must stay at 60 decibels or less. Dancing must take place inside of the ballroom.
Can I take any leftover food or beverages?
Local Health Department rulings regarding proper refrigeration and sanitation prohibit you from taking any food or beverage with the exception of your wedding cake.
When can my vendors set up?
Please have your Wedding Planner coordinate this with your Catering Sales Manager.
Does the Ranch LB allow plastic?
No, we do not allow any plastic on the resort, this is including, but not limited to all welcome bags provided for guests staying at the hotel. As the stewards of an incredible natural landscape, The Ranch at Laguna Beach is committed to being at the forefront of sustainability and charitable efforts in our region. We take great care to minimize our impact on the environment and maximize our impact on those in need.
Does the Ranch LB allow welcome bags?
Yes. We charge $5.00 for welcome bags to be handed out at the Front Desk, and $7.00 for them to be delivered directly to the guest’s room. Please note, bags that are handed out at the Front Desk cannot be personalized.
Does the Ranch LB allow smoking?
The Ranch at Laguna Beach is a non-smoking property. Additionally, it is illegal to smoke in Laguna Beach.